fizinfo - [Fizinfo] SZTE TTIK Fizikus Tanszekcsoport szeminarium, 2015 december 2

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] SZTE TTIK Fizikus Tanszekcsoport szeminarium, 2015 december 2

  • From: Csete Maria <mcsete AT physx.u-szeged.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] SZTE TTIK Fizikus Tanszekcsoport szeminarium, 2015 december 2
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 16:10:16 +0100 (CET)

Tiszelt Fizinfo Olvasok,

kettos idopont-modositasra szeretnem felhivni a figyelmet:
alabbi szeminarium december 2-an (szerdan) es 15 orakor lesz megtartva
a helyszin es minden tovabbi informacio valtozatlan a meghivoban.

Meghívó

SZTE TTIK Fizikus Tanszékcsoport Szemináriuma

El?adó: Prof. T?kési Károly, tudományos tanácsadó
MTA Atommagkutató Intézet, Elektronikai Osztály

Cím: Ionization by intense and short electric pulses - classical picture

Id?pont: 2015. december 2, 15 h

Helyszín: SZTE TTIK, Bay Zoltán tanterem, Szeged, Tisza Lajos körút. 84-86.

Absztrakt:

We present theoretical studies of the ionization of simple targets like hydrogen atom, positronium and water molecule as a result of the interaction with an ultrashort external electric field. Doubly-differential momentum distributions and angular momentum distributions of ejected electrons calculated in the framework of the Coulomb-Volkov and strong field approximations, as well as classical calculations are compared with the exact solution of the time dependent Schrödinger equation. We show that in the impulsive limit, the Coulomb-Volkov distorted wave theory reproduces the exact solution. The validity of the strong field approximation is probed both classically and quantum mechanically.
We show that classical mechanics describes the proper quantum momentum distributions of the ejected electrons right after a sudden momentum transfer, however pronounced the differences at latter stages that arise during the subsequent electron-nucleus interaction. Although, the classical calculations reproduce the quantum momentum distributions, it fails to describe properly the angular momentum distributions, even in the limit of strong fields. The origin of this failure can be attributed to the difference between quantum and classical initial spatial distributions.
For the case of water molecule target, single active electron and frozen core calculations were performed within the hydrogenic approximation. Electrons from the highest occupied molecular orbital 1b1 were considered. We demonstrate that the agreement between the classical and quantum mechanical calculation at high intensities is excellent, where the over-the-barrier ionization mechanism is dominant.

Minden érdekl?d?t szeretettel várunk.

Dr. Csete Mária
szeminarium-koordinator

  • [Fizinfo] SZTE TTIK Fizikus Tanszekcsoport szeminarium, 2015 december 2, Csete Maria, 11/30/2015