fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Stat Phys Seminar

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Stat Phys Seminar

  • From: StatFizSzeminar <statfiz AT glu.elte.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Stat Phys Seminar
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 10:00:56 +0100

# # # # # #

ELTE Institute of Physics
SEMINARS IN STATISTICAL PHYSICS

Wednesday, 11 a.m.

Ferenc Pittler

Institute for Theoretical Physics, ELTE, and
MTA-ELTE "Lendület" Lattice Gauge Theory Research Group

"Anderson transition in the spectrum of the Dirac operator
of Quantum Chromodynamics at high temperature"

We study the eigenmodes of the QCD Dirac operator at high temperature. We
found
that the lowest modes are statistically independent, obeying Poisson
statistics,
however modes higher up in the spectrum are delocalized, obeying Random Matrix
statistics. In this talk we examine the nature of the transition between these
two types of eigenmodes in the spectrum and show our results for the
correlation
length critical exponent (nu) from two completely different types of
observables: eigenvalues and eigenvectors. The critical exponents computed
from
both observables was found to be compatible with each other and with the
available results for the 3D unitary Anderson model.

L. Ujfalusi, M. Giordano, F. Pittler, T. G. Kovács and I. Varga,
arXiv:1507.02162 [cond-mat.dis-nn].

M. Giordano, T. G. Kovacs and F. Pittler,
Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, no. 10, 102002 (2014) [arXiv:1312.1179 [hep-lat]].

Room 2.54
1117 Budapest, Pázmány P. sétány 1/A (Northern Block)
home page: http://glu.elte.hu/~statfiz

  • [Fizinfo] Stat Phys Seminar, StatFizSzeminar, 11/20/2015