fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Yoshio Kuramoto előadása a BME-n

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Yoshio Kuramoto előadása a BME-n

  • From: Edina Szirmai <eszirmai AT phy.bme.hu>
  • To: Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Yoshio Kuramoto előadása a BME-n
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 12:13:17 +0100

MEGHÍVÓ

az BME-MTA "Egzotikus Kvantum Fázisok"
kutatócsoport következő szemináriumára:

Yoshio Kuramoto
(Institute of Materials Structure Science,
KEK, Tsukuba, Japán)

Orthogonality and exciton correlations
leading to Kondo-like effect

In certain Sm systems with mixed valence such as SmOs4Sb12 and SmT2Al20
with T=Ti, V, Cr, Ta, etc, the resistivity and specific heat show behaviors
reminiscent of the Kondo effect. However, the behaviors are almost
independent of applied magnetic field. We ascribe the Kondo-like behavior
to charge correlations. Acccoding to our model, the effective
hybridization of Sm 4f-electrons is reduced by the orthogonality effect
with the Coulomb interaction U between 4f and conduction electrons. The
Coulomb interaction also acts to enhance the hybridization via the
exciton-like correlation. The orthogonality effect becomes dominant as U
and/or the number of conduction channels increases, and eventually makes
the effective hybridization vanish. We combine the continuous-time quantum
Monte Carlo calculation and the analytic theory to derive the dynamics in
the wide frequency range.

Az előadás helye: BME F III. épület, mfsz, szemináriumi szoba.
Ideje: 2015. november 2. hétfő, 14:15.

Minden érdeklődőt szeretettel várunk!

Szirmai Edina

--
Edina Szirmai
Department of Theoretical Physics,

  • [Fizinfo] Yoshio Kuramoto előadása a BME-n, Edina Szirmai, 10/30/2015