fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szeminarium - James D. Whitfield

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szeminarium - James D. Whitfield

  • From: Szilard Szalay <szalay AT phy.bme.hu>
  • To: Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szeminarium - James D. Whitfield
  • Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 23:06:29 +0200

MEGHIVO

az MTA Wigner FK, SzFI, Erosen Korrelalt Rendszerek Csoport szeminariuman

James D. Whitfield
(Vienna Center for Quantum Science and Technology, vendeglato: Legeza Ors)

cimu eloadasara.

Abstract:

The talk will discuss our recent work at the intersection of quantum chemistry and quantum computing focusing our work concerning quantum complexity. I will give an introduction and overview of how quantum computation and chemistry algorithms, such as DFT and Hartree-Fock, form a cohesive research thread.

Recent work to be discussed include the following (which can be found on
arXiv.org):

JDW, Z. Zimboras. "On the NP-completeness of the Hartree-Fock method for
translationally invariant systems" (J Chem Phys, 2014)

JDW, Schuch, Verstraete. "The computational complexity of density
functional theory" (Many-electron approaches in Physics, 2014)

JDW, M.-H. Yung, S. Boixo, D. Tempel and A. Aspuru-Guzik. "Computational
Complexity of Time Dependent Density Functional Theory" (N. J. Phys., 2014)

JDW, P. Love, A. Aspuru-Guzik. "Computational complexity in electronic
structure" (Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2013)

Hely: MTA Wigner FK, SzFI, I. epulet, Tanacsterem.
Ido: 2015. aprilis 9, csutortok, 12:00 ora

Minden erdeklodot szivesen latunk!

-- Szalay Szilard. --

  • [Fizinfo] Szeminarium - James D. Whitfield, Szilard Szalay, 04/07/2015