fizinfo - [Fizinfo] WIGNER FK SZFI SZEMINARIUM -- Miron Amusia

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] WIGNER FK SZFI SZEMINARIUM -- Miron Amusia

  • From: Janos Asboth <asboth.janos AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: seminar AT szfki.hu, fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] WIGNER FK SZFI SZEMINARIUM -- Miron Amusia
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 13:15:56 +0100

WIGNER SZFI SZEMINÁRIUM Miron Amusia

(Racah Institute of Physics, Hebrew University of Jerusalem; A. F. Ioffe
Physical-Technical Institute, St. Petersburg, Russian Federation)
"Atoms and endohedrals as resonators and amplifiers of radiation"

Időpont: 2015. március 19. (csütörtök) 10:00 (1 óra)
Hely: MTA Wigner FK SZFI, I. épület 1. emeleti Tanácsterem
Összefoglaló:
We will discuss manifestation of electron correlations in the processes of
interaction between low-intensity electromagnetic radiation with complex
atoms and endohedrals – atoms stuffed inside fullerenes. The electron
correlations essentially modify the cross-section of light-atom or
light-endohedral photoionization and photoexcitation. Specific feature of
electron correlations is the formation of different kinds of maxima and
minima that is manifested by the so-called Giant, confinement, interference
etc. resonances. They all are well observable in differential in energy and
angle of emitted electrons, and absolute cross-sections, as well as in the
probability of vacancies decay. Along with qualitative theoretical
considerations we will present results of numerical calculations performed
in the frame of the so-called random phase approximation with exchange
(RPAE). We will consider one-shell fullerene C60 , and two-shell fullerene
that represents C60 stuffed inside C240, C60@C240. As for the atoms, good
and illustrative objects are Argon and Xenon. At the end, we will discuss
the goals and perspectives of the research in this direction.

*Részletes információ:* http://www.szfki.hu/seminar
Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk!

Asbóth János
szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu

  • [Fizinfo] WIGNER FK SZFI SZEMINARIUM -- Miron Amusia, Janos Asboth, 03/15/2015