fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Sári Judit előadása a BME-n

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Sári Judit előadása a BME-n

  • From: Edina Szirmai <eszirmai AT phy.bme.hu>
  • To: Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Sári Judit előadása a BME-n
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 11:32:34 +0100

MEGHÍVÓ

az "Egzotikus Kvantum Fázisok" Lendület kutatócsoport
következő szemináriumára

Sári Judit
(PTE, BME-MTA EKF Lendület csoport)

Magnetoplasmons of the tilted anisotropic Dirac
cone material α-(BEDT-TTF)_2 I_3

Kivonat:

We study the collective modes of a low-energy continuum model of the
quasi-two-dimensional electron liquid in a layer of the organic compound
α-(BEDT-TTF)_2 I_3 in a perpendicular magnetic field. As testified by zero
magnetic field transport experiments and ab initio theory, this material
hosts both massless and massive
low-energy carriers, the former being described by two tilted and
anisotropic Dirac cones. The polarizability of these cones is anisotropic,
and two sets of magnetoplasmon modes occur between any two cyclotron
resonances.
We show that the tilt of the cones causes a unique intervalley damping
effect: the upper hybrid mode of one cone is damped by the particle-hole
continuum of the other cone in generic directions. We analyze how the
presence
of massive carriers affects the response of the system, and demonstrate how
doping can tune α-(BEDT-TTF)_2 I_3 between regimes of isotropic and
anisotropic screening.

Az előadás helye: BME F III. épület, mfsz, szemináriumi szoba.
Ideje: 2015. március 9. hétfő, 14:15.

Minden érdeklődőt szeretettel várunk!

Szirmai Edina

--
Edina Szirmai
Department of Theoretical Physics,

  • [Fizinfo] Sári Judit előadása a BME-n, Edina Szirmai, 03/05/2015