fizinfo - [Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium

  • From: <vera.horvath AT eli-alps.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 13:56:27 +0100 (CET)

Meghívó az ELI-ALPS szemináriumára

Előadó: Varró Sándor
Cím: Notes on the notion and description of phase in quantum optics

Időpont: 2015. január 23. 9 óra
Helyszín: Szeged, Tisza Lajos krt. 85-87.

We discuss the old problem of the quantum phase of an oscillator, which may
represent for instance the phase of a quantized mode of the radiation field.
After reviewing the main approaches have so far been applied to solve this
problem, we shall offer a new solution. Our method is based on a new ‘polar
decomposition’ of the quantum amplitude of the field components. With the help
of this decomposition we have defined an analogon of the quantum saw-tooth
phase operator. In the frame of the present approach a generalized spectral
decomposition of the phase operator and projectors can be derived in a natural
way, and they can be expressed by dyads of SU(1,1) coherent states. Besides,
we have found that these new sampling states (generalized projectors) for
phase measurements can be generated by an experimentally realizable nonlinear
interaction whose coupling strength depends on the intensity. The possible
extension of our method to a multimode description may be useful in studying
the quantum phase properties of extreme radiation fields, like few–cycle or
attosecond light pulses.

Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk.