fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium

  • From: Máté Zoltán <mate AT atomki.mta.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 09:25:29 +0100 (CET)

Az MTA Atommagkutató Intézet előadótermében
(Debrecen, Bem tér 18/c. 12. ép. III. em.)
2015. január 13-án, KEDDEN 11:00-kor

Maria Lugaro
(Lendület Project Leader, Konkoly Observatory, Budapest
Monash Centre for Astrophysics, Melbourne)

Dating the prehistory of the solar system
with meteoritic analysis, stellar models, and nuclear physics

címmel előadást tart.

Az előadás előtt 10:30-tól tea, vendégeket szívesen látunk.

Máté Zoltán

Kivonat:
We have exploited radioactivity as a clock for measuring cosmic times. In
particular, we have used the abundances of radioactive nuclei heavier than
iron with long half lives (10-20 million years) to investigate the
circumstances of the birth of the Sun. By comparing their abundances in the
early solar system, inferred by meteoritic analysis, to those predicted by
our stellar models, with updated nuclear physics inputs, we have dated the
last "rapid" and "slow" neutron-capture events that contaminated the solar
system material at roughly 100 and 30 Myr, respectively, before the formation
of the Sun. The latter provides us with an upper limit of the time when the
precursor material of the solar system became isolated from the bulk of the
galactic material. Interestingly, it compares well to the lifetime of
high-mass molecular clouds suggesting that the Sun was born in a very large
family of stars.