fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

  • From: StatFizSzeminar <statfiz AT glu.elte.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 10:00:15 +0200

# # # # # #

ELTE TTK Fizikai Intézet
STATISZTIKUS FIZIKAI SZEMINÁRIUM

2014. október 22.
szerda, 11 óra

György Tegze

MTA Wigner Research Centre for Physics

"Fully resolved simulation (FRS) of finite size particles in
convecting fluids"

We briefly review methods available for FRS of particle laden flows;
including specific features, applicability and computational
efficiency. The fictitious domain method for immersed rigid bodies
[1], and our multi-grid solution technique for the incompressible
Navier-Stokes will be discussed in detail. We show the key ideas of
algorithm optimizations specific to many-core hardware (i.e.
graphics processors) and modern parallel programming paradigms.
Finally, we analyze not so dilute particle laden flows in a
lid-driven cavity for various Reynolds numbers and particle Reynolds
numbers.

[1] Apte, SV, Martin, M, Patankar NA, A numerical method for fully
resolved simulation (FRS) of rigid particle-flow interactions in
complex flows, JOURNAL OF COMPUTATIONAL PHYSICS, 228 (8): 2712-2738
MAY 1 2009.

honlap: http://glu.elte.hu/~statfiz