fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Wigner SZFI Szeminárium -- szept. 16., Széchenyi Gábor

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Wigner SZFI Szeminárium -- szept. 16., Széchenyi Gábor

  • From: Janos Asboth <asboth.janos AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Wigner SZFI Szeminárium -- szept. 16., Széchenyi Gábor
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 13:04:13 +0200

WIGNER SZFI SZEMINÁRIUM

SZÉCHENYI GÁBOR (ELTE Anyagfizikai Tanszék):
"Double quantum dots in carbon nanotubes "

Időpont: 2014. szeptember 16. (kedd) 10:00
Hely: MTA Wigner FK SZFI, I. épület 1. emeleti Tanácsterem
Összefoglaló:

Carbon nanotube quantum dots are promising candidates for a solid-state
platform of quantum-information processing. The qubit is realized by a
single electron in the quantum dot, which can occupy an arbitrary
superposition of two energy eigenstates with antiparallel alignment of spin
and valley. Using the so-called Pauli blockade mechanism, this spin-valley
qubit can be initialized and read out via dc current measurement through a
double quantum dot. Motivated by experiments realizing this idea, we
calculate the dependence of the dc current through the double quantum dot
on the external magnetic field, the short-range disorder and the geometry
of the nanotube. Our model provides understanding of previously unexplained
experimental features, including a narrow antiresonance in the current as
the magnetic field direction is varied. We argue that the antiresonance
provides a unique opportunity to detect static or time-dependent variations
of the deflection angle and the magnetic field with high sensitivity, via
measuring the dc current.

Részletes információ: http://www.szfki.hu/seminar

Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk!

Asbóth János
szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Wigner SZFI Szeminárium -- szept. 16., Széchenyi Gábor, Janos Asboth, 09/11/2014