fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Makk Peter eloadasa az ELTE-n jovo hetfon

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Makk Peter eloadasa az ELTE-n jovo hetfon

  • From: Andras Palyi <andraspalyi AT caesar.elte.hu>
  • To: FIZINFO AT lists.kfki.hu, nanofizika-szeminarium AT googlegroups.com
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Makk Peter eloadasa az ELTE-n jovo hetfon
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 10:19:45 +0200

Az ELTE Nanofizika Szeminarium jovo hetfoi eloadasa:

Makk Peter (Basel): Electron optics in Graphene from Snake States to Electron
Guiding

Idopont: 2014. majus 26., hetfo, 10:15
Helyszin: ELTE Eszaki Tomb, 5.128-as terem (1117 Budapest, Pazmany Peter
setany 1/A)

Kivonat:
"We have fabricated suspended monolayer graphene devices on organic lift-off
resists. We have extended this technology, which was introduced by N. Trombos
et al. in 2011 [1], allowing to add a multitude of bottom and top gates .
Recently we have demonstrated that with this technique a ballistic p-n
junction can be created and intriguing Fabry-Perot oscillations were observed
from the electrons localized in the cavities formed by local gates. We will
go beyond our recent publication [2] and also show transport measurements in
magnetic field, where striking features appear. Since these measurements on
the p-n junction are in the completely ballistic regime they display novel
behavior from the previous results on diffusive junctions [3]. We observe a
large number of resonances in the bipolar regime, which are related to
snaking trajectories along the p-n interface. The theoretical calculations
clearly reproduce the measured features, and the simulated current density
plots give further insight to the nature of the conductance oscillations.
Using the great versatility of our fabrication method, we also developed a
four terminal suspended device allowing us to study electron guiding in
ultraclean monolayer graphene. We will show, that the electrons can be guided
by gate potentials the same way than photons in an optical fiber, and that
the formation of a p-n interface increases the guiding efficiency due to
Klein filtering.