fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium javított dátum

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium javított dátum

  • From: <szpl AT metal.elte.hu>
  • To: <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium javított dátum
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 09:18:49 +0200

ELTE Fizikai Intézet

ORTVAY KOLLOKVIUM

2014. május 15., csütörtök, 15:00-kor
Az ELTE Pázmány Péter s. 1/A alatti épületében
földszinti 0.81 előadóban

Fortágh József
(CQ Center for Collective Quantum Phenomena Universität Tübingen)

„Interfacing cold atoms and nanostructures"

Kivonatos ismertetés:
Trapping and manipulating atoms by means of microscopic traps has seen enormous advances within the last decade. Today, ultra-cold atom clouds, Bose-Einstein condensates, and Fermi gases are routinely trapped in conservative potential at the surface of microchips. Such cold atom/solid state hybrid systems pave the way towards the construction of novel quantum electronic circuits and quantum sensors.
In our experiments, we investigate the interface between atomic clouds and superconducting circuits. I report the trapping and coherent manipulation of atom clouds above a superconducting coplanar microwave cavity structure and discuss the possibility of coupling ground state and Rydberg excited atoms to the microwave field of the cavity.
Another subject of our research is the in-situ detection of single atomic spin transitions in a Bose-Einstein condensate. I report the realization of a state selective single atom detector and present data on counting atoms from a Bose-Einstein condensate in the presence of magnetic field noise.

  • [Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium javított dátum, szpl, 05/15/2014