fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Relativitaselmeleti szeminarium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Relativitaselmeleti szeminarium

  • From: "Szabados,L." <lbszab AT rmki.kfki.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Relativitaselmeleti szeminarium
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 22:45:05 +0200 (CEST)

RELATIVITASELMELETI SZEMINARIUM

Eloado: Dr. Martin Scholtz
Karoly Egyetem, Praga

Az eloadas cime: The Bondi mass of Einstein-Maxwell-Klein-Gordon
spacetimes

t: 2014 aprilis 28 (hetfo), 14.00
(x,y,z): KFKI RMKI III. epulet, tanacsterem

Abstract:
The concept of quasi-local energy-momentum and angular momentum belongs to the most challenging problems in general relativity. Many useful suggestions how to define quasi-local quantities are based on the so-called Nester-Witten form and we briefly review some of them. In particular, we start with the motivation behind the Penrose quasi-local mass which naturally leads to the twistor equation. As a slight digression, we discuss the notion of the twistor in some detail and present its geometrical and physical interpretation. After discussing the drawbacks of the Penrose mass, we present some other approaches and relate them to the surface integral of the Nester-Witten form. Finally we apply this formalism to calculate the Bondi mass of asymptotically flat spacetimes with interacting electromagnetic and scalar field sources and discuss the positivity of the Bondi mass and the properties of corresponding massloss formula.

  • [Fizinfo] Relativitaselmeleti szeminarium, Szabados,L., 04/22/2014