fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ
[Fizinfo] 12 job openings in Young Scientist and Research Fellow positions at ELI-ALPS project
- From: Dányi Andrea <Andrea.Danyi AT eli-hu.hu>
- To: "Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu" <Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
- Subject: [Fizinfo] 12 job openings in Young Scientist and Research Fellow positions at ELI-ALPS project
- Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 10:47:48 +0000
- Accept-language: hu-HU, en-US
Kedves Kollégák !
A már korábban is meghirdetett pozíciókra továbbra is - egészen május 31-ig -
várjuk a jelentkezéseket !
ELI-HU Research and Development Non-Profit Limited Liability Company is
12 job openings in Young Scientist and Research Fellow positions
The Hungarian ELI: the Attosecond Light Pulse Source (ALPS)
The first civilian large-scale research facility based on high-power lasers,
the Extreme Light Infrastructure (ELI), is to be constructed with
international cooperation at three locations with a coordinated management
and research strategy. The Attosecond Light Pulse Source (ALPS) research
centre to be built in Szeged, Hungary will be devoted to study of electron
dynamics on the femto-, attosecond scale in atoms, molecules, plasmas and
biological samples. Experimental projects demanding ultrahigh intensity
light, like laser particle acceleration or laser generated X-ray radiation
will be mainly carried out at the Beamline Facility in Prague, while the
photoinduced nuclear experiments will be performed at the research institute
to be built in Magurele, next to Bucharest.
The primary mission of the ELI-ALPS research facility to be built in
Szeged is to make a wide range of ultrafast light sources accessible to the
user groups of the international scientific community, with special
consideration to coherent extreme-ultraviolet (XUV) and X-ray radiations, and
to attosecond pulses. The secondary mission of the facility is to contribute
to the scientific and technological development necessary for the generation
of 200 PW peak intensity pulses.
ELI-HU Non-Profit Research and Development Ltd. coordinates the preparation,
construction and operation of ELI-ALPS, an international laser research
The selected candidates will have to carry out scientific research in one of
the listed projects during the first 6-12 months, followed by participation
in the preparation of the ELI-ALPS project:
* 6 positions: To design, develop, implement, and operate amplified
ultrashort pulse laser systems as well as to develop the corresponding
diagnostics. Please visit the ELI-ALPS website for detailed information on
the laser systems. For further information in scientific and research matters
please contact the Research Technology Director, Karoly Osvay
(karoly.osvay AT eli-alps.hu).
* 6 positions: To design, develop, and implement attosecond pulse sources
based on the generation of high-order harmonics in different media as well as
other coherent radiation sources. For further information in scientific and
research matters, please contact the Scientific Director, Dimitris
(Dimitris.Charalambidis AT eli-alps.hu).
Requirements for all applicants:
The candidate must have good written and verbal English communication skills.
Previous experience in research related to lasers, ultrashort light pulses,
light-matter interactions, THz science, particle physics and spectroscopic
investigations are especially advantageous.
1. For young scientists:
* University students in their last year of an MSc Programme in
relevant specialization field (physicist, engineering physicist, electrical
engineer or chemist), assuming that they complete their studies by 31st
* PhD students working in relevant research fields;
* Young (less than 35 years old) scientists or engineers without PhD
1. For research fellows:
* Scientists or engineers with PhD degree or submitted PhD thesis in
relevant research field, or at least 10 years of research experience in a
related research institute.
* Competitive salary
* Challenging job with carrier opportunities
* Pleasant working environment in a brand new infrastructure
During the employment the young scientists or research fellow may have the
opportunity to enroll to a PhD program and work for a PhD degree. The
successful candidates may have a duty to do part of their research and
development work outside Hungary at contracted collaborators and partners of
ELI-HU Non-Profit Ltd., as part of their training and education to their
The application must contain:
* A Europass curriculum vitae or detailed scientific curriculum
* Full list of publications - highlighted the list of articles
published in refereed journals and containing the following data:
- cumulative impact factor (calculated by summing of impact factors of
journals characteristic for the year of publication each articles)
- number of citation without self-citation
* A motivation letter
* The name of two scientific supervisors or professors, who could
give expert opinion about candidate's skills
* The candidate's postal address and other contact data (phone,
* Application deadline: continous, but not later than 31 May, 2014.
* Foreseeable date of the interview for selected candidates: within
4-8 weeks of application submitted
* Earliest start of the employment: 1st April, 2014.
If you are interested in any position and meet the required criteria, please
submit your application documents detailed above to
allas AT eli-alps.hu<mailto:allas AT eli-alps.hu>.
Please use "Young scientist" or "Research fellow" in the subject of your
Dimitris Charalambidis tudományos igazgató és Osvay Károly kutatási
technológiai igazgató nevében:
ELI-HU Nonprofit Kft.
Székhely: H-6720 Szeged, Dugonics tér 13.
Iroda: H-1024 Budapest, Millenáris Park, Kis Rókus u. 16-20. "E" épület, 2.
Tel.: +36 1 336-0542
Fax: +36 1 336-0543
Mobil: +36 30 513-6601
andrea.danyi AT eli-alps.hu<mailto:andrea.danyi AT eli-alps.hu>
[cid:image002.jpg AT 01CD2D38.553EF420][cid:image003.jpg AT 01CCD4F6.50E41530]
[cid:image004.jpg AT 01CCD4F6.50E41530]
P Kérem, óvja a természetet, ha nem szükséges, ne nyomtassa ki ezt az e-mailt!
Before printing, think about ENVIRONMENTAL responsibility.
Description: Sci_Young_Research fellow_140213_clean.pdf
- [Fizinfo] 12 job openings in Young Scientist and Research Fellow positions at ELI-ALPS project, Dányi Andrea, 02/13/2014
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.