fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Penc Karlo eloadasa az ELTE-n jovo hetfon

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Penc Karlo eloadasa az ELTE-n jovo hetfon

  • From: Andras Palyi <andraspalyi AT caesar.elte.hu>
  • To: FIZINFO AT lists.kfki.hu, nanofizika-szeminarium AT googlegroups.com
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Penc Karlo eloadasa az ELTE-n jovo hetfon
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 09:31:08 +0100

Az ELTE Nanofizika Szeminarium jovo hetfoi eloadasa:

Penc Karlo (Wigner FK):
Spin liquid phases in the SU(4) and SU(3) Heisenberg model on the honeycomb
lattice

Idopont: 2014. februar 10., hetfo, 10:15
Helyszin: ELTE Eszaki Tomb, 5.128-as terem (1117 Budapest, Pazmany Peter
setany 1/A)

Kivonat:
"SU(N) Heisenberg model is the effective model of Mott insulators with N
degrees of freedom per site, when the interaction is highly symmetrical. Such
a situation may happen for spin-orbital systems and for ultracold
alkaline-earth atoms in optical lattices. Using a combination of analytical
and numerical methods, we studied the zero temperature properties of the
model on honeycomb lattice for different values of N. In the seminar, I will
present our recent findings for the spin-orbital liquid in the SU(4)
Heisenberg model on the honeycomb lattice, with algebraic decay of
correlations. Furthermore, for the SU(3) case, I will discuss the competition
between ordered and plaquette states. "

Minden erdeklodot szivesen latunk.

A szeminarium tovabbi programja:
http://wigner.elte.hu/koltai/science/?q=seminar