fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ
- From: Peter Domokos <Domokos.Peter AT wigner.mta.hu>
- To: Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
- Subject: [Fizinfo] Supporting Women in Physics
- Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 09:50:56 +0100
- List-archive: <http://mailman.kfki.hu/pipermail/fizinfo>
- List-id: ELFT HÍRADÓ <fizinfo.lists.kfki.hu>
Szeretném felhívni a figyelmet az alábbi lehetőségre:
IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics
Supporting Women in Physics in Developing Countries
We have received funding to launch a new round of the IUPAP/UNESCO
program to fund the attendance of women from developing and eastern
European countries at regional or international conferences and
schools. We expect to be able to fund 13-14 women between $700 & $800
US each at a maximum.
Applications for these grants should be received no later than April
15, 2013. Recipients will be chosen by the IUPAP Working Group on
Women in Physics by mid May, and we will notify everyone during the
first week of June, 2013.
Only women physicists from Eastern Europe or developing countries may
apply. Due to limited funding, those who have received a grant in the
past, under this program, are not eligible for a second grant.
Those interested in applying for a grant should submit the following
information, via e mail as a WORD document only or as text within the
e mail. PLEASE DO NOT SEND AS A PDF FILE. If you attach files, please
include your last name in all the file names.
1. Complete contact information including name, address, e mail and
2. Years since your Ph.D (or undergraduate degree for graduate
students) was granted.
3. Brief description of the conference or workshop you wish to attend
(including date of conf., place to be held, & website if available)
and if you will be making a presentation.
4. Brief statement of how attending the conference will enhance your career.
5. If you have attended any regional or international conferences,
please list them.
6. A breakdown of the amount of money (maximum $700/800 US) required
to attend (Ex: Airfare, registration fee, meals).
7. List your publications from the last 5 years.
8. One Letter of recommendation.
Send all information to Jackie Beamon Kiene at,
beamon AT aps.org
close of business on April 15, 2013 (5:00p.m. EST).
Silvina Ponce Dawson, Chair, IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics
Igle Gledhill, Vice-Chair, IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics
Jackie Beamon-Kiene, Admin., IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics
Description: MS-Word document
- [Fizinfo] Supporting Women in Physics, Peter Domokos, 03/22/2013
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.