fizinfo - [Fizinfo] ELTE Nanofizika Szeminarium jovo hetfon

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] ELTE Nanofizika Szeminarium jovo hetfon

  • From: Andras Palyi <andraspalyi AT caesar.elte.hu>
  • To: FIZINFO AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] ELTE Nanofizika Szeminarium jovo hetfon
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 11:55:55 +0100

Az ELTE Nanofizika Szeminarium jovo hetfoi eloadasa:

Boross Péter (ELTE): A unified theory of the Elliott-Yafet and the D'yakonov-Perel' spin-relaxation mechanisms

Helyszin: ELTE Eszaki Tomb, 5.55-os terem (1117 Budapest, Pazmany Peter setany 1/A),
Idopont: 2012. december 3. hetfo, 10:15

Kivonat:
"We present a unified treatment of the Elliott-Yafet (EY) and the D'yakonov-Perel' (DP) spin-relaxation mechanisms using the Mori- Kawasaki formula, which gives the spin-relaxation rate to lowest order in the spin-orbit coupling (SOC) but to infinite order in the quasi- particle scattering rate, Gamma. We consider a four-state Hamiltonian of the conduction and a nearby (valence) band with spin degeneracy, including SOC between adjacent bands (inter-SOC) and within the same band (intra-SOC). We find in agreement with the expectations that intra-SOC yields the DP- whereas the inter-SOC the EY-like result. However, we identify parameter domains of Gamma and the band structure where a crossover occurs between the two types of spin-relaxation mechanisms. The result ultimately connects the EY and the DP spin- relaxation mechanisms into a unified description and it leads to a better understanding of spin-relaxation in strongly correlated systems and where band degeneracy plays a role such as e.g. in graphene.

Reference: P. Boross, B. Dora, A. Kiss, F. Simon, http://arxiv.org/abs/1211.0826 "

Minden erdeklodot szivesen latunk.

A szeminarium tovabbi programja:
http://wigner.elte.hu/koltai/science/?q=seminar