fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Mark Rudner eloadasa az ELTEn

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Mark Rudner eloadasa az ELTEn

  • From: Andras Palyi <andraspalyi AT caesar.elte.hu>
  • To: FIZINFO AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Mark Rudner eloadasa az ELTEn
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:59:37 +0100

Kedves Kollegak!

December 1-en csutortokon Dr. Mark Rudner (Harvard University, USA) tart szeminariumi eloadast az ELTE Fizikai Intezeteben

"Transport phenomena in graphene nanojunctions"

cimmel.

Kivonat:
The discovery of graphene, a truly 2D material, opened many intriguing avenues for studying electronic transport phenomena. First, due to the gapless, chiral nature of charge carriers, graphene devices provide tabletop means to study quasi-relativistic phenomena such as Klein tunneling, which were originally studied in the context of high energy physics but could not be easily investigated in experiments. Furthermore, due to its exposed electronic states, graphene can be gated on length scales much shorter than in conventional 2D electron gas devices based on semiconductor heterostructures. Combined with high carrier mobility, this allows ballistic transport phenomena to be studied on previously inaccessible length scales. In this talk I will summarize our recent theoretical work on electronic transport in gated graphene structures, focusing on signatures of Klein tunneling in the Fabry-Perot resonances and chirality-assisted confinement and "cloaking" of electronic states in monolayer and bilayer graphene pnp junctions, respectively, and 3) Landau level collapse in strong electric fields near potential barriers. I will describe these phenomena, their experimental signatures, and discuss relevant experimental data where available.

Idopont: december 1. csutortok, 10:15
Hely: Pazmány Peter setany 1/A (Lagymanyosi kampusz, eszaki epulet) 4.70-es terem
(Anyagfizikai Tanszek tanacsterme)

Vendegeket szivesen latunk.

Udvozlettel,
Palyi Andras

  • [Fizinfo] Mark Rudner eloadasa az ELTEn, Andras Palyi, 11/28/2011