fizinfo - [Fizinfo] csillagda szeminariuma - rendkivuli szeminarium emlekezteto

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] csillagda szeminariuma - rendkivuli szeminarium emlekezteto

  • From: uhlar AT konkoly.hu (Karola_Uhlar)
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] csillagda szeminariuma - rendkivuli szeminarium emlekezteto
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:08:45 +0200 (CEST)

Meghívó
az MTA Konkoly Thege Miklós Csillagászati Kutatóintézete
szemináriumára

Elõadó: Dominik Utz (Instituto de Astrofiscia de Andalucia/Consejo
Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Granada, Spain, IGAM/Institute of
Physics, Karl Franzens University, Graz, Austria)

Cím: Small scale solar magnetic fields as seen by MBPs: Results obtained
during my PHD and further beyond

Kivonat:
In this talk we will give a short insight into the basics of the Sun and
then concentrate on small scale solar magnetic fields. It is well known
that the dynamics and the activity of the solar atmosphere is due to
magnetic fields and their interaction with the plasma. The global magnetic
field of the Sun is generated by a solar dynamo believed to be localised
in the tachoclyne. This global dynamo gives rise to the global activity
and the solar activity cycle. But magnetic fields are not restricted only
to huge scales and huge field strengths but span down to the smallest and
weakest elements. In this talk we concentrate on small scale elements with
strong magnetic field strengths. These elements can be identified in
filtergrams taken in special filters like the G-band, as so called
Magnetic Bright Points (MBPs). We will give an overview about the
motivation factors why to investigate these structures and then discuss in
more details the new insights gained during the lecturer's PHD thesis
work.

Az elõadás idõpontja: 2011. augusztus 29., hétfõ 14 óra

Helye: MTA KTM CSKI elõadóterme
Budapest, XII., Konkoly Thege M. út 15-17.

  • [Fizinfo] csillagda szeminariuma - rendkivuli szeminarium emlekezteto, Karola_Uhlar, 08/29/2011