fizinfo - csillagda szemin�riuma - eml�keztet�

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

csillagda szemin�riuma - eml�keztet�

  • From: uhlar AT konkoly.hu (Karola_Uhlar)
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: csillagda szeminriuma - emlkeztet
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 09:41:25 +0200 (CEST)

Meghívó
az MTA Konkoly Thege Miklós Csillagászati Kutatóintézete
szemináriumára

Elõadó: Roy R. Gal (University of Hawaii, Institute for Astronomy)

Cím: Go Big or Go Home: Mapping the Largest Structures in the Universe at
Redshift One

Kivonat:
How do galaxies evolve in different environments? For decades, astronomers
have studied the two extremes - the low-density "field" and the very high
density cluster cores. However, many processes that can transform galaxies
are most efficient in intermediate-density regimes. The Observations of
Redshift Evolution in Large Scale Environments (ORELSE) survey examines
the large scale structure around 20 high-redshift clusters. With an
extensive, multi-wavelength program, we are examining what physical
processes trigger and quench star formation, nuclear activity, and
morphological changes. I will describe this large survey and some of our
recent findings.

Az elõadás idõpontja: 2011. június 16., csütörtök 14 óra

Helye: MTA KTM CSKI elõadóterme
Budapest, XII., Konkoly Thege M. út 15-17.

  • csillagda szeminriuma - emlkeztet, Karola_Uhlar, 06/15/2011