fizinfo - [Fizinfo] KFKI RMKI Elméleti Főosztály Szemináriuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] KFKI RMKI Elméleti Főosztály Szemináriuma

  • From: "Balog Janos" <balog AT rmki.kfki.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu, rmkiusers AT rmki.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] KFKI RMKI Elméleti Főosztály Szemináriuma
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 18:55:11 +0200

KFKI RMKI Elméleti Főosztály Szemináriuma

Tisztelettel meghívjuk

SREEKANTH V.
(Ahmedabad, India)

"Cavitation and Thermal Dilepton Production in QGP"

címmel tartandó szemináriumára.

Helye: KFKI RMKI III. ép. Tanácsterem
Ideje: 2011. május 20. péntek de. 11:00 óra

Kivonat:

We investigate the thermal dilepton production-rates using one dimensional
boost-invariant second order relativistic hydrodynamics to find proper
time evolution of the energy density and the temperature. We study the
\textit{non-ideal} effects arising due to viscosity (both bulk and shear),
equation of state ($\epsilon\neq 3P$) and cavitation on thermal dilepton
production from QGP at RHIC energies. The effect of bulk-viscosity and
non-ideal equation of state are taken into account in a manner consistent
with recent lattice QCD estimates. It is shown that the \textit{non-ideal}
gas equation of state i.e $\epsilon-3P \neq 0$ behavior of the expanding
plasma, which is important near the phase-transition point, can
significantly slow down the hydrodynamic expansion and thereby increase
the dilepton production-rates. We calculate the first order corrections to
the dilepton production rates due to shear and bulk viscosities. It is
shown that ignoring the cavitation can lead to a wrong estimation of the
particle spectra. We show that the shear viscosity can enhance the thermal
dilepton spectra whereas the bulk viscosity can suppress it. We present
the combined effect of bulk and shear viscosities on the dilepton spectra.

Szívesen látunk minden érdeklődőt.
Balog János