fizinfo - [Fizinfo] ujabb level Tokiobol

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] ujabb level Tokiobol

  • From: Robert Schiller <schiller AT aeki.kfki.hu>
  • To: <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] ujabb level Tokiobol
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 16:25:03 +0100

Kedves Kollégák,

Talán van ebben a ma érkezett levélben némi járulékos információ.

Üdvözlettel,

Schiller Róbert

Bob,

This is a followup, updating the current status report.

Shortage of power forced us to rotational blackouts, however, we have been lucky and spared the trouble so far, even when houses across the street were totally black.

About Fukushima, we admire courageous people out there trying to cope with the nuclear disaster. Some 5 years ago, one congressman (communist, who happens to be the graduate of Dept. Nuclear Eng, Kyoto University) pointed out at the congress their vulnerability to big tsunami. The then LDP administration and Tokyo Electric Power Co just ignored (benignly?) this warning, which is the usual attitude to the criticism from the the left. We resent this especially because Onagawa Power Plants run by Tohoku EPCO managed to shut and cool down safely, although they are a lot closer to the epicenter and had higher tsunami. (Some difference in the lay up, but no excuse)

By the way, do you know some knowledgeable people in your wide ranging connections related to nuclear industry? I am sure I can ask you when some question arises about nuclear industry not only in your country but also in some neighbors.

Best wishes,

Masaru

  • [Fizinfo] ujabb level Tokiobol, Robert Schiller, 03/21/2011