fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium

  • From: Zoltan Mate <mate AT namafia.atomki.hu>
  • To: Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:49:36 +0100 (CET)

Az MTA Atommagkutató Intézetének nagy előadójában
(Debrecen, Bem tér 18/c. 12. ép. III. em.)
2009. február 5-én, csütörtökön 11:00-kor

Takashi Shimada
(Department of Applied Physics
University of Tokyo)

How to Swim in Sand?

címmel előadást tart.
Az előadás előtt 10:30-tól tea.
Vendégeket szívesen látunk.

Máté Zoltán

Abstract:
Exotic but efficient swimming modes under low Reynolds number condition
have attracted much interest. Swimming in granular matter, which has
static structure, is more interesting and complex problem. I will present
our result of an event driven simulation of swimming in granular
particles. Our "pushmepullyou" swimmer consists of two disks connected by
a spring. To make the swimming motion, we let the disks inflate and
deflate, and the natural length of the connection stretches and shrinks in
time. We can find an ideal swimming frequency for which the resulting
swimming velocity is optimal. More interestingly, there also exists an
optimum non-zero frequency for the efficiency of the swimming.

  • [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium, Zoltan Mate, 01/29/2009