fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumi meghívó

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumi meghívó

  • From: Insperger Tamás <inspi AT mm.bme.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumi meghívó
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:50:29 +0100

MEGHÍVÓ

Prof. Laurent Monier
Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Rennes
Centre de Mathématiques

Three dimensional modelisation of the ocean circulation

címmel előadást tart

2007. február 21-én (szerdán) 10.15 órakor

Az előadás helye: Műszaki Mechanikai Tanszék Könyvtára ("MM" épület I. em. 29).

Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk.

Abstract
In this talk we develop a numerical simulation of the variability of the oceanic currents in a parallelepipedic canal. The domain is characterized by great differences between horizontal and vertical scales, which oblige to use adimensional equations. In order to obtain the variations of the currents with respect to time and depth, we have to use a three dimensional and time dependent model. The sea surface topography, related to the surface pressure, is unknown in our problem. For this reason, we have connected a shallow-water model with the three dimensional model. Physical variables computed by the two dimensional model are the velocity of the horizontal flow integrated with respect to depth in the surface layer and the topography of the sea surface. These variables are controlled by the shallow water equations. Variables computed by the three dimensional model are the three components (u,v,w) of the current. Velocity (u,v,w) obeys to the Navier-Stokes equations. The sea level topography present in these equations is given by the shallow-water model. The model is carried out in a rectangular canal of longitudinal extension L=500 km, latitudinal extension L=1500 km and vertical extension H=200 m (thickness of the surface layer) .The domain is located in the south hemisphere and in the tropical zone.

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumi meghívó, Insperger Tamás, 02/14/2007