fizinfo - [Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma

  • From: Varga Imre <varga AT neumann.phy.bme.hu>
  • To: balint AT math.bme.hu, dtp AT newton.phy.bme.hu, jofri AT math.bme.hu, szasz AT math.bme.hu, mogy AT math.bme.hu, petz AT math.bme.hu, pf AT szfki.hu, bu AT szfki.hu
  • Cc: Moca Pascu <mocap AT uoradea.ro>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:28:02 +0100

MEGHIVO
a BME Fizikai Intezet, Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek
szeminariumara:

Attila Rakos
Department of Physics of Complex Systems
Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Izrael

"Breakdown of Gallavotti-Cohen symmetry for stochastic dynamics"

Abstract:We consider the behaviour of current fluctuations in
non-equilibrium
Markov-processes. These fluctuations have a generic symmetry
property, which
is the analogue of the Gallavotti-Cohen fluctuation relation. This
relation
was originally derived for deterministic systems and subsequently for
stochastic dynamics with bounded state-space. However, the range of
its
validity is still an intriguing open question. In order to make
progress in
this direction, we consider the one-dimensional partially asymmetric
zero-range process (a paradigmatic lattice gas model) with open
boundaries.
Significantly, we find that the distribution of large current
fluctuations
does not satisfy the Gallavotti-Cohen symmetry and that such a
breakdown can
generally occur in systems with unbounded state space. We also
discuss the
dependence of the asymptotic current distribution on the initial
state of the
system.

Helye: BME Fizikai Intezet,
Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek
Budafoki ut 8.
F-epulet, III. lepcsohaz, mfszt. Szeminariumi szoba

Ideje: 2006. december 15. pentek, 10:15.

Minden erdeklodot szivesen latunk.

Varga Imre