fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium

  • From: Zoltan Mate <mate AT namafia.atomki.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT sunserv.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:20:34 +0100 (CET)

Az MTA Atommagkutató Intézetének nagy előadójában
(Debrecen, Bem tér 18/c. 12. ép. III. em.)
2006. november 16-án, csütörtökön 11:00-kor

Raul Cruz Hidalgo
(Unversity of Barcelona)

Fragmenting Granular Gases

címmel előadást tart.
Az előadás előtt 10:30-tól tea.
Vendégeket szívesen látunk.

Máté Zoltán

Absztrakt:
We study the dynamics of granular gases which fragment due to their
collisions. A kinetic model that accounts for the correlations between
grains' size and velocity at collisions is developed. We analyze how the
fragmentation events taking place at collisions affect the growth in the
number of grains, and also which distribution of grain' sizes they give
rise to. The effects that the mechanisms which control the fragmentation
process have on the kinetics of the granular mixture are characterized.
Hence, we describe different kinetic regimes, depending on the asymptotic
behavior of the fragmentation probability. In these different scenarios
the size and velocity distributions display distinct features, and can be
used to understand the physical processes in fragmenting systems.