fizinfo - [Fizinfo] szeminariumok

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] szeminariumok

  • From: "Szabados,L." <lbszab AT rmki.kfki.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Cc: rmkiusers AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] szeminariumok
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:46:24 +0200 (CEST)

RELATIVITÁSELMÉLETI SZEMINÁRIUM

Elõadó: Prof James M Nester
National Central University, Chungli, Taiwan

Az elõadás címe: On the zeros of spinor fields and
orthonormal frames

t: 2006 április 13 (csütörtök), 14.00
(x,y,z): KFKI RMKI III. épület, tanácsterem

Kivonat:

Some time ago (as a key ingredient in a positive energy
proof [1]) we proposed certain rotational gauge conditions for an
orthonormal frame on a Riemannian manifold [2]. However, except for
nearly flat spaces, it was not clear if the conditions could be
satisfied. Then Dimakis and Muller-Hoissen [3] showed how to
construct such frames from solutions of the Dirac spinor equation
(which generally exist)---as long as the spinor field had no zero
points. A later "proof" that zeros cannot happen [4] is not
convincing. Based on our recent examination of specific examples
described here we know that zeros can happen, but we argue that they
are not generic. Consequently the "special orthonormal frame" gauge
conditions can be used essentially without reservations.