fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ
- From: "Krisztina Biber" <Biberk AT ceu.hu>
- To: <marta.ujvari AT uni-corvinus.hu>
- Subject: [Fizinfo] invitation to philosophy talk at CEU
- Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 16:29:21 +0200
- List-archive: <http://sunserv.kfki.hu/pipermail/fizinfo>
- List-id: ELFT HÍRADÓ <fizinfo.lists.kfki.hu>
The CEU Philosophy department cordially invites you to a talk
Willem deVries (Fulbright Distinguished Lecturer, Universität Wien and
Professor of Philosophy University of New Hampshire)
"The Necessity of the Normative: The Resilience of the Manifest
Image in Sellars's Scientific Realism"
5.00 PM, Monday, 13. June, 14. Zrinyi str. / room 412
Although Sellars wrote of a "synoptic vision" in which the manifest image and
the scientific image are reconciled, many have taken his scientific realism
to entail the eventual dominance of the scientific image. I argue that this
is incorrect, indeed, that the practical reality of human life is essentially
tied to the ineliminable normativity of the manifest image.
biberk AT ceu.hu
- [Fizinfo] invitation to philosophy talk at CEU, Krisztina Biber, 06/03/2005
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.