fizinfo - [Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma

  • From: Varga Imre <varga AT neumann.phy.bme.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:57:41 +0200 (CEST)

MEGHIVO

a BME Fizikai Intezet, Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek
szeminariumara:

Zsolt Bihary
Chemistry Department, Northwestern University
Evanston, USA

"Molecular electronics -
Role of dephasing and electron correlation

Helye: BME Fizikai Intezet,
Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek
Budafoki ut 8.
F-epulet, III. lepcsohaz, magasfoldszint
szeminariumi szoba

Ideje: 2005. aprilis 15. pentek, 10:15.

Abstract: After a brief summary on the field of molecular
electronics, I present an introduction to the Non-equilibrium
Green function (Keldysh) formalism and its current numerical app
lications for studying quantum transport in molecular systems.
These techniques are purely quantum-chemical in nature, they do
not take dephasing effects into account, therefore are incapable
of describing the transition from the purely elastic tunneling
regime to the classical, thermally dephased conduction regime.
Another shortcoming of the existing techniques is that they are of
the self-consistent Hartree-Fock (mean-field) type; hence they are
not reliable in situations when electron-electron correlations are
strong. In my presentation, I propose generalized and alternative
approaches within the Keldysh formalism to account for dephasing
and correlation effects.

Minden erdeklodot szivesen latunk.

Varga Imre