fizinfo - [Fizinfo] PhD allas Parizsban

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] PhD allas Parizsban

  • From: Ferenc Simon <fsimon AT ap.univie.ac.at>
  • To: Fizinfo AT sunserv.kfki.hu
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] PhD allas Parizsban
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:20:54 +0200 (CEST)

Kedves Fizinfo Olvasok!

Kerem tovabbitsak az erdeklodoknek az alabbi levelet PhD lehetosegekrol. Roviden: az egyfalu nanocso kutatasok egyik elismert csoportjarol van szo egy jol felszerelt laboratoriumban, EU kollaboracioban.
Ram lehet hivatkozni, alabb megadott cimre kell irni.
udvozlettel
Simon Ferenc

Dr. Ferenc SIMON
http://homepage.univie.ac.at/ferenc.simon/
Institut fuer Materialphysik
Universitaet Wien
Strudlhofgasse 4
A-1090 Wien, Austria
Tel.: 0043 1 4277 51372
FAX.: 0043 1 4277 51375

Dear Colleagues,

I'd be glad if you could send the following information to persons who
my be interested in it or transmit it (I already sent the information to
you a few time ago, but position is still available)

I'd like here to inform you about the possibility we have at LPS to get
PhD students as a Marie Curie Training Site.
This program is designed for early stage researchers who are qualified
to undertake doctoral studies, and are not nationals or residents of
France (2/3 European students, 1/3 non European students). It provides
generous living, travel and mobility allowances.
I would appreciate very much if you could give the informations to good
students you know who might be interested.

My PhD proposal concerns
---------------
NEW ONE-DIMENSIONAL SYSTEMS INSIDE NANOTUBES

The subject of the proposed PhD is the study of different hybrid systems
derived from carbon nanotubes: 'X@nanotube' where X can be a chain of
fullerene molecules or a metallic nanowire. Structural studies will be
performed using X-ray scattering on macroscopic assemblies of aligned
nanotubes -
assemblies of aligned nanotubes are intensively studied in our group, which
allows us to measure additional information beyond that obtainable from
powder experiments. The influence of temperature will also be studied.
X-ray experiments could also be complemented with electron diffraction
studies.

The structural studies will lead on to the analysis of filling mechanisms
for nanotubes, and thermodynamic stability of the confined material inside.
Relation with physical properties will be approached using some of our
already established collaborations.
---------------

All informations about our lab as a host site can be found at the
following adress:
http://www.lps.u-psud.fr/ETS
My proposal 'New one-dimensional systems inside nanotubes' can be found
at: http://www.lps.u-psud.fr/ETS/mesoscopic.htm#positions

Yours sincerely,
Pascale

--
Dr. Pascale LAUNOIS

Laboratoire de Physique des Solides,
bât. 510, Univ. Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay CEDEX, FRANCE
tel: 33 (0)1 69 15 60 56 fax: 33 (0)1 69 15 60 86
e-mail:
mailto:launois AT lps.u-psud.fr

http://www.lps.u-psud.fr

European-GDR 'Science and applications of nanotubes'
http://www.cnrs-imn.fr/GDRE

AVAILABLE PhD POSITION 'New one-dimensional systems inside nanotubes'
http://www.lps.u-psud.fr/ETS/mesoscopic.htm#positions

  • [Fizinfo] PhD allas Parizsban, Ferenc Simon, 10/27/2004