fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium

  • From: Ortvay kollokvium <ortvay AT achilles.elte.hu>
  • To: FIZINFO AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:03:01 +0200

ELTE Fizika Tanszekcsoport

ORTVAY KOLLOKVIUM

2004. szeptember 2. , csutortok, 15 orakor
Az ELTE Pazmany Peter s. 1/A alatti epuleteben a <blink>3.67</blink>
eloadoban

Predrag Cvitanovic
(Chair of the Center for Nonlinear Science School of Physics, Georgia
Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA ):
"Turbulence: a walk through a repertoire of unstable recurrent patterns"

Kivonatos ismertetes:

If everything in a turbulent system is in constant flux, how is that humans
are
able to distinguish different kinds of turbulence? Hopf's answer was that
dynamics drives a given spatially extended system through a repertoire of
unstable patterns; as we watch a given "turbulent" system evolve, every so
often we catch a glimpse of a familiar pattern. For any finite spatial
resolution, the system follows approximately for a finite time a pattern
belonging to a finite aplhabet of admissible patterns, and the long term
dynamics can be thought of as a walk through the space of such patterns, just
as chaotic dynamics with a low dimensional attractor can be thought of as a
succession of nearly periodic (but unstable) motions. I will describe a
modest
implementation of Hopf's program on a flutter of a flame front.

Minden erdeklodot szivesen latunk! Az eloadas elott negyed oraval
az eloadoban teat szolgalunk fel.
Az eloadas-sorozatrol az interneten az "ortvay-koll.elte.hu" cimen
talalhato informacio.

  • [Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium, Ortvay kollokvium, 08/30/2004