fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ
[Fizinfo] Nemzetkozi muhely: Reszecske-szameloszlasok a relativisztikus nehezion fizikaban
- From: Csorgo Tamas <csorgo AT sunserv.kfki.hu>
- To: Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
- Subject: [Fizinfo] Nemzetkozi muhely: Reszecske-szameloszlasok a relativisztikus nehezion fizikaban
- Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 21:57:24 +0200 (MEST)
- List-archive: <http://sunserv.kfki.hu/pipermail/fizinfo>
- List-id: ELFT HÍRADÓ <fizinfo.lists.kfki.hu>
A szervezok keresere kozze adom az elso
reszecskeszameloszlasok a relativisztikus nehezion fizikaban
temara fokuszalo nemzetkozi tudomanyos muhely korlevelet.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:38:26 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Workshop mplicity
<mplicity AT ba.infn.it>
csorgo AT sunserv.kfki.hu
Subject: Workshop on multiplicity
this is the second announcement with invitation for abstract submission for
the first international workshop dedicated to the Particle Multiplicity
in Relativistic Heavy Ion Collisions, named "FOCUS ON MULTIPLICITY";
it will be held in Bari, Italy, from June 17th to 19th, 2004.
The workshop is intended to review the available data on particle
multiplicity (both in proton and ion induced collisions, collected at
different center of mass energies) and their current theoretical
interpretations, including microscopic MonteCarlo modelling.
In particular, the following topics will be discussed:
1) Measurement done so far of charged particle multiplicity in relativistic
heavy ion collisions, from AGS to SPS to RHIC: every experiments
that have measured charged particle yields can contribute, even if their
data are old, in the sense that have already been published; collecting
them, we can try to construct a coherent global view, looking at data
at different kinematic windows, centrality, energy, beam and target
mass, in order to have a tool to understand the undergoing mechanism of
particle production, the event by event fluctuations and the relevance of
the multiplicity for the insight of the initial energy density and entropy
in view of the QGP formation.
2) Theoretical description of the above available results, from AGS to RHIC:
QCD calculations, statistical and thermal models, MonteCarlo models
(every idea and calculation that links the initial particle state
to the final particle yields is relevant for the discussion);
predictions for future experiments at LHC.
3) Experimental methods for multiplicity measurement in different
rapidity windows: requirements and intrinsic errors. Review of
past, current and future strategies.
4) Photon multiplicity as black body radiation of the hot fireball:
review of past and current data and perspective for the future;
difficulties of the experimental measurement and signal backgrounds.
Theoretical relevance for the QGP interpretation.
5) Proton-proton multiplicity as reference point: available data and
their parameterizations at all available energies.
For further informations and registration procedure, please look at the
Would you please inform your collaborators and everybody who is
potentially interested in the Workshop.
Looking forward to see you in Bari,
The Workshop Organizers
- [Fizinfo] Nemzetkozi muhely: Reszecske-szameloszlasok a relativisztikus nehezion fizikaban, Csorgo Tamas, 04/25/2004
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.