fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium

  • From: "Ortvay koll." <ortvay AT achilles.elte.hu>
  • To: FIZINFO AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium
  • Date: Sun Sep 21 16:04:03 2003

ELTE Fizika Tanszekcsoport

ORTVAY KOLLOKVIUM

2003. szeptember 25. , csutortok, 14 orakor
Az ELTE Pazmany Peter s. 1/A alatti epuleteben az 1. emeleti 1.69 eloadoban

ELTE Fizika Tanszekcsoport es MTA Reszecskefizikai Bizottsag:
"Pocsik Gyorgy koszontese 70. szuletesnapjan"

Kivonatos ismertetes:

14:00 Zalan Horvath (Eotvos University, Budapest): Greetings
>From axiomatic QFT to phenomenology

14:15 Kaoru Hagiwara (KEK Theory Group, Tsukuba, Japan): Physics prospects of
future neutrino oscillation experiments
Muon-neutrino oscillation in atmospheric neutrinos has been discovered in
1998
by SuperKamiokande (SK), and electron-neutrino oscillation has been
established
by solar neutrino observations and KamLand. The first accelerator based
neutrino oscillation experiment K2K, between KEK and SK, is confirming the
muon-neutrino oscillation. In this talk, I explain what have been established
in lepton flavor physics so far, and what remain to be explored in the
future.
Physics prospects of several planned neutrino experiments are then examined.

14:45 Helmuth Huffel (University of Vienna, Austria): Higgs bosons for ever
After reflections on my joint work with George some results on Higgs bosons
in
SU(5) will be recalled. Finally I will be concentrating on the interpretation
of Higgs fields in noncommutative gauge field theories.

15:15 Wolfgang Hollik (University of Karlsruhe, Germany): Precision
calculations in the Minimal Supersymmetric Standard Model
The status of accurate predictions in the MSSM is reviewed, in particular for
electroweak precision observables, Higgs bosons, and SUSY spectra.

15:45-16:10 Break

16:10 Alfred Bartl (University of Vienna, Austria): Impact of CP Phases on
Supersymmetric Particle Production

16:40: Laszlo Palla (Eotvos University, Budapest): Boundary states in
sine-Gordon model with integrable boundary conditions.
After reviewing briefly the basic concepts and problems of boundary
integrable
theories we outline a bootstrap solution leading to the spectrum of boundary
states in sine-Gordon model.

17:00 Zoltan Fodor (University of Wuppertal, Germany): QCD at non-vanishing
density
There is no importance sampling based lattice technique to study QCD at
non-vanishing chemical potential. Recently, multiparameter rewighting opened
the possibility to analyze this question. Results on the phase diagram and on
the equation of state are presented.

17:30 Ferenc Csikor (Eotvos University, Budapest) (chairman): Closing

Minden erdeklodot szivesen latunk! Az eloadas elott negyed oraval
az eloado 1.69 sz. bejarata elott teat szolgalunk fel.
Az eloadas-sorozatrol az interneten az "ortvay-koll.elte.hu" cimen
talalhato informacio.