fizinfo - [Fizinfo] ELFT Termodinamikai szakcsoport szeminariuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] ELFT Termodinamikai szakcsoport szeminariuma

  • From: Van Peter <vpet AT PHYNDI.FKE.BME.HU>
  • To: fizinfo AT sunserv.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] ELFT Termodinamikai szakcsoport szeminariuma
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:15:32 +0100

1. Termodinamikai NeTTea
-------------------------

2000 Februar 25, pentek 13h,
ELTE, TTK, Pazmany Peter setany 1/A, 3.em. 3.95. terem

M. Mureau:
(Uni. Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris)

Energy, Information and Extropy in Stochastic Systems

Abstract:
The relations between information, entropy and energy, which are
well known in equilibrium thermodynamics, are not clear far from
equilibrium. We study them using the concept of extropy, which was defined
classically as the total entropy produced in a system during its
equilibration with reservoirs. We study the microscopic equivalent of
extropy for a stochastic system, which is the relative entropy, and we
show how it leads to the macroscopic extropy in the quasi-equilibrium
approximation. We prove that, under reasonable conditions, the microscopic
extropy and the rate of microscopic extropy production are larger than the
respective corresponding macroscopic quantities. The case of systems
maintained out of equilibrium by external constraints is addressed within
this formalism. A new thermodynamic potnetial, the information potential
is defined. It permits to study the evolution of such systems towards a
non-equilibrium stationary state. We derive a general thermodynamic
inequality between energy dissipation and information dissipation, which
sharpens the second law on the maximum available work for non-equilibrium
systems.

Bovebb info, vita: www.kfki.hu/~elftterm

  • [Fizinfo] ELFT Termodinamikai szakcsoport szeminariuma, Van Peter, 02/22/2000